All your passwords at the tip of your finger. The new ThinkPlus Preferred Pro USB Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader offer users the ability to gain access to protected files with the swipe of a finger, rather than typing passwords for individual applications. With this biometric solution to authentication you can choose to have the convenience of simple fingerprint authentication only, or configure one of the most secure log-in processes available.
Features & Benefits:
• An integrated fingerprint swipe sensor puts all your passwords at the tip of your finger
• Software configurable for simple fingerprint only log-in or more secure authentication
• Includes ThinkVantage Fingerprint Reader software
• Compatible with the Embedded Security Subsystem and ThinkVantage Client Security Software for one of the most secure log-in processes available (1):
- A Password Manager replaces multiple passwords with one easy-to-remember password or fingerprint, thereby reducing password reset calls to help desks
- Supports Lotus Notes fingerprint reader authentication
- On-the-fly file and folder encryption saves time by automatically encrypting files and helping to protect data from unauthorised access
(2) • Full sized USB keyboard with legendary quality delivers a comfortable design and feel
• Access program guides users to a variety of information and tools to help set up, understand, maintain, and enhance their ThinkPad notebook or ThinkCentre desktop
• Backed by renowned IBM Service and Support
• (1) The most secure log-in process is achieved when used in conjunction with the Embedded Security Subsystem and ThinkVantage Client Security Software available on select models of ThinkCentre desktop and ThinkPad notebook computers and configuring to require both fingerprint and password authentication. When active the Embedded Security Subsystem requires users to type in a passphrase once per boot up, even if the system is configured for fingerprint authentication only. Non-Embedded Security Subsystem models can be configured for fingerprint only authentication that does not require typing in a password. This configuration offers convenience, but security is not significantly better than using typed passwords only.
• (2) The Embedded Security Subsystem features an embedded security chip and software users can download to provide encryption for their documents and files. It also stores their encryption keys in the hardware chip, providing a heightened level of protection not available on a PC from any other manufacturer.