Your passwords at the tip of your fingers. The new ThinkPlus Preferred Pro USB Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader offer users the convenience to gain access to confidential files with the swipe of a finger, rather than typing passwords for many applications. With this biometric solution to authentication you can chose to have the convenience of simple fingerprint authentication only, or configure for one of the most secure log-in processes available(1).
- Integrated fingerprint swipe sensor puts your passwords at the tip of your fingers
- Software configurable for simple fingerprint only log-in or, more secure authentication
- Replace Windows passwords with your fingerprint for easy, fast and secure system access
- Use fingerprint instead of BIOS password on supported sytstems. (ThinkPad Z60t, Z60m, T60, X60 and ThinkCentre A51/M51/M52)
- Includes Fingerprint Reader software and ThinkVantage Client Security Software for the Embedded Security Subsystem
- Compatible with Embedded Security Subsystem(2) and ThinkVantage Client Security Software for one of the most secure log-in processes available:
- Password Manager replaces multiple passwords with one
easy-to-remember password or fingerprint, thereby reducing
password reset calls to the help desk.
- Supports Lotus Notes fingerprint reader authentication
- "On-the-fly" file and folder encryption saves you time by
automatically encrypting files and helping to protect data from
- Full sized 104-key USB keyboard with legendary keyboard quality delivers a comfortable design and feel
- ThinkVantage button guides you to a host of information and tools to help you set up, understand, maintain, and enhance your ThinkPad notebook or ThinkCentre desktop
- Backed by renowned IBM Service and Support
(1)The most secure log-in process is achieved when used in conjunction with the Embedded Security Subsystem and ThinkVantage Client Security Software available on select models of ThinkCentre desktop and ThinkPad notebook computers and configuring to require both fingerprint and password authentication. When active the Embedded Security Subsystem requires the user to type in a passphrase once per boot up, even if the system is configured for fingerprint authentication only. Non-Embedded Security Subsystem models can be configured for fingerprint only authentication that does not also require typing in a password. This configuration offers convenience, but security is not significantly better than using typed passwords only.
(2)The Embedded Security Subsystem is not available on a PC from any other manufacturer.