POWERFUL PERFORMANCE. PREMIUM VALUE.
Optimized for Windows 8, this 15.6" small business laptop features improved graphics support, enhanced multimedia, and robust security. Plus, Lenovo OneLink technology simplifies connectivity and expands power through a single cable. Available in Midnight Black and Heatwave Red.
Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. And now it's optimized for Windows 8 with convenient multimedia buttons, function-lock capability, and immediate access to view apps. Plus, a larger, smooth TrackPad with 5-point click integration can be configured multiple ways through Settings. E531 includes numeric keypad.
**Up to 6 Hours of Battery Life
Nearly all-day computing unplugged lets you get a full day of work in on a single charge.
Superior Web Conferencing / Voice-Over IP (VOIP)-Optimized
Low-light sensitive 720p HD webcam with wide-angle viewing and face-tracking, dual noise cancelling microphones with configurations for crystal-clear private and conference mode VOIP meetings. Plus, convenient multimedia keys provide quick and easy access to microphone, speaker, and camera controls.
Lenovo Solutions for Small Business
Built on the Intel® Small Business Advantage platform and includes unique security and productivity features to keep your small-to-mid-sized business up and running: after-hours maintenance, software monitoring, USB blocker, energy savings, and the ability to backup and restore applications.
Integrated Fingerprint Reader
Get quick, convenient access and secure login with one swipe.
Dolby® Advanced Audio™
This suite of audio technologies enables your ThinkPad to deliver a crisp, clear surround sound experience over its built-in stereo speakers. The technology increases audio clarity for VOIP applications, maximizes volume output without distortion, and improves dialogue clarity when watching videos.
Lenovo Cloud Storage
Protect your critical data, while also making access to information and file-sharing quick and convenient. Automatically back-up and synchronize data across the organization, while enabling access from multiple devices. Data is encrypted on transfer for an extra level of security.
New Lenovo OneLink Technology
Get more from your power cable! OneLink technology is a unique interface that simplifies connectivity through a single cable to the ThinkPad OneLink Dock. The OneLink dock provides dedicated video, USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio — all while charging your notebook. ThinkPad Edge E531 is one of the first laptops to debut this innovative technology.Award-Winning KeyboardLenovo Solutions for Small Business
- Tech Specs
ThinkPad E531Tech Specs
Description ThinkPad E531 Processor
- Intel® Core™ i3-2348M Processor (2.30GHz, 3MB Cache, 1333MHz)
- Intel® Core™ i3-3120M Processor (2.50 GHz, 3MB Cache, 1600MHz)
- Intel® Core™ i3-3130M Processor (2.60GHz, 3MB Cache, 1600MHz)
- Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor (2.60 GHz, 3MB Cache, 1600MHz)
- Intel® Core™ i5-3340M Processor (2.70 GHz, 3MB Cache, 1600MHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM Processor (2.20 GHz, 6MB Cache, 1600MHz)
- Intel® Pentium Dual Core 2030M Processor (2.50GHz, 2MB Cache, 1600MHz)
- Intel® Celeron 1000M Processor (1.80GHz, 2MB Cache, 1600MHz)
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro Downgrade
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Ubuntu Linux (PRC only)
- 15.6" HD Antiglare Display (1366 x 768) (200 NITS)
- 15.6" FHD Antiglare Display (1920 x 1080) (300 NITS)
- Optional touch screen on HD Display (SOVP = 6/25)
- Integrtaed Intel® HD Graphics 4000/3000 and HD Graphics (Celeron/Pentium)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® N14m-GL 710M + 1 GB VRAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® NV14P-GV2 GT740M + 2 GB VRAM
Webcam720p HD face-tracking technology, low light sensitive MemoryUp to 16 GB Max DDR3 (2 DIMM Slots) Battery / Battery Life
- <> Cell – Rapid Charge
- <> Cell (<> Ah)
- Up to 8 hours (with 62 Whr battery Safeguard Hardware Authentication)
Dimensions (W X D X H)377mm x 250mm x 25mm (14.84" x 9.84" x 0.98") Weight2.44 kg (5.4 lbs) KeyboardWindows 8 optimized Island Keyboard with numeric keypad Audio
- Dolby® Advanced Audio with Stereo speakers
- Built-in dual array microphone (combo jack)
- ThinkPad bgn Wireless BT Combo (1x1 BGN & BT4.0)
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (2x2) BGN +BT BLE
- Jackson Peak 1 (HMC)
- ThinkPad abgn Wireless BT Combo (2x2 ABGN & BT4.0)
EthernetGigabit Ethernet WWANIntegrated Mobile Broadband (N5321 Ericsson) Bluetooth®Yes Navigation5-button TouchPad Optical DriveYes I/O (Input/Output) Ports
- (<>) MiniDisplayPort with audio
- (1) VGA
- (1) HDMI
- (<>) 3.5mm Combo Jack Headphone/MIC
- (2) USB 3.0
- (1) USB 2.0
- (1) Always on USB 2.0
- (1) 4-in-1 SD Card Reader
- (<>) Express Card 34mm
- (<>) Smart Card Reader
- (1) Lenovo OneLink Technology
- Up to 1 TB 5400rpm (9.5mm)
- 128 GB
Specifications may vary
- Accessories & Services
ThinkPad E531Accessories & Services
ThinkPad OneLink Dock: COMING SOON!
Enables a clutter-free desktop with single cable management, plus OneLink Dock lets you get more from your power cable! Docking provides dedicated video, USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio — all while charging your notebook.
ThinkPad Battery 75+ (6 cell) (0A36311)
Stay unplugged longer with the ThinkPad Battery 75+. This rechargeable six-cell battery uses Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) technology and can be used as a replacement for aging system batteries or as a convenient spare battery.
90W Ultraslim AC/DC Combo Adapter (41R4493)
This combo adapter can power your notebook, cellphone, MP3 player, or other peripheral devices, when plugged into a standard AC wall outlet or the DC outlets available in automobiles and airplanes. It’s Lenovo's smallest and lightest combo power adapter yet, so it tucks easily into your carrying case for travel.
Lenovo Security Cable Lock (57Y4303)
The Lenovo Security Cable Lock allows you to help reduce theft and manage physical security access wherever you need it. One piece design for easy use. Lightweight ( 130 g / 0.29 lbs ) design is ideal to carry in a carrying case for extra security when traveling.
Protect Your ThinkPad Laptop With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 5 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
Ultimate Data Security
- Keep Your Drive allows you to retain possession of your drive and data for maximum security and protection. (Not available in all regions.)
- Battery Life
- **Up to 6 hours with standard 6-cell battery
- Starting at 2.44 kgs.
- Stereo with Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2
- Dual-array with VOIP enhancement
- 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0 powered, VGA, HDMI, RJ45, 4-in-1 card reader, audio/headphone combo jack, Lenovo OneLink technology