THE MOST MOBILE WORKSTATION EVER.
This portable 15.6" workstation is the thinnest and lightest in its class, yet sacrifices nothing in terms of speed, power, and durability. Graphics-intensive, ISV-certified applications with blazing-fast processing and advanced graphics technology, plus ThinkPad's known reliability, mean you can handle any heavy-computational task from anywhere you want to be.
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
4th generation Intel® Core™ processors deliver the performance to increase productivity for your business. Devices turn on in an instant and are always up-to-date. You can multitask quickly, move effortlessly between applications, and collaborate wirelessly in a high quality videoconference — all with the convenience of longer battery life. Plus, you can guard against identity theft and ensure safe access to your network with built-in security features. In fact, the only thing more amazing than an Intel Core processor-based PC is what your users will do with it.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary connection technology that simultaneously supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. Simply connect the W540 to multiple displays and devices with one cable, then sync and backup at up to 10Gbps (twice the speed of USB 3.0), capture and edit multiple uncompressed video streams in real time, and daisy-chain your devices to simplify your workflow.
Optional X-Rite® Integrated Color Calibrator
X-Rite PANTONE® color calibration yields greater image accuracy, more precise color matching, and a consistently true display. Each individual sensor is uniquely calibrated to each individual display at the factory.
Because photographers, light CAD/CAM users, digital content creators, and other industry pros require proven performance and software stability, more than 100 applications are tested and certified by industry-leading independent software vendors.
Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. And now it's optimized for Windows 8 with convenient multimedia buttons, function-lock capability, and immediate access to view apps. Plus, a larger, smooth TrackPad with 5-point click integration can be configured multiple ways through Settings. Plus, the L540 also includes a numeric keypad.
Optional NFC Technology
Near Field Communication (NFC) provides an easy, secure way to share data, link devices, pair with networks, and other tasks by lightly tapping two devices together.
NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology
Automatically switch to your discrete graphics card only when it's needed. Get extended battery life without sacrificing high-performance graphics for applications, high-def videos, 3D views, and more.
FHD/3K Display With IPS Technology
In-Plane Switching (IPS) LCD displays with high brightness. IPS technology allows for vivid colors and nearly 180-degree viewing angles.
Intel® vPro Technology
Makes enterprise-level manageability even more convenient and cost-saving. Manage, protect, repair, or locate your deployed laptops from anywhere in the world.
Stereo Speakers With Dolby® Home Theater®
Increased audio clarity and maximized volume output without distortion — enjoy a crisp, clear, immersive surround sound experience over built-in stereo speakers. All the power and nuance of the cinema, all the immediacy of live performance, now from your ThinkPad.
Integrated HD Webcam
Crystal-clear video, face-tracking and keystroke noise suppression technology will help you web-conference or chat like you're really there. Dual digital-array microphones ensure a premium audio experience.
Integrated Fingerprint Reader
Get quick, convenient access and secure login with one swipe.
WWAN (3G) (Optional)
Add wireless WAN connectivity and go online virtually anywhere without a WiFi connection.Full-Sized, Spill-Resistant Keyboard Optimized for Windows 8Superior Web Conferencing With Integrated HD Webcam & Dual Digital-Array Mics
- Tech Specs
ThinkPad W540Tech Specs
Description Thinkpad W540 Laptop Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-4930MX (Up to 3.0GHz, 8MB L3, 1600MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ (Up to 2.8GHz, 8MB L3, 1600MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ (Up to 2.7GHz, 6MB L3, 1600MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600MQ (Up to 2.9GHz, 4MB L3, 1600MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4330M (Up to 2.8GHz, 3MB L3, 1600MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600M (Up to 2.4GHz, 6MB L3, 1600MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4300M (Up to 2.7GHz, 3MB L3, 1600MHz FSB
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- 15.5" 3K (2880 x 1620) (300 NITS)
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) (220 NITS)
- NVIDIA Quadro K1100M 2GB
- NVIDIA Quadro K2100M 2GB
Weight2.53 kg (5.57 lbs) MemoryUp to 32GB DDR3 1600MHz WebcamHD webcam AudioDolby Home Theater v4 Dimensions (W X D X H)377 x 248 x 27.9 mm KeyboardThinkPad New Precision Keyboard with Number Pad Wireless WWAN
- Sierra Wireless 7355 – Gobi 5000
- Ericsson HSPA+ – N5321
I/O (Input/Output) Ports
- 1 x VGA
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Express Card (Smart Card)
- 1 x Mic/headphone combo
- 1 x RJ45
- 4-in-1 card reader
- 1 x DC in slot
- 1 x Thunderbolt
- 1 x Kensington Lock
- 320GB 5400rpm
- 320GB 7200rpm
- 320GB 7200rpm OPAL
- 500GB 5400rpm
- 500GB 7200rpm
- 1TB 7200rpm
- 128GB SSD SATA3
- Intel® 180GB SSD SATA3
- 256GB SSD SATA3
WiMax / WiFi
- Intel® Centrino® 7260 (Wilkins Peak 2 AC) 2x2 AC+ BT 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® 7260 (Wilkins Peak 2) 2x2 AGN + BT 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 (Jackson Peak 2) 2x2 ABGN + BT 4.0
- ThinkPad Wireless 2x2 BGN+BT 4.0
- Intel® 82577LM Gigabit (Hanksville) Digital Office
Battery Life6+ hours Battery
- 9 Cell (9.21Ah) – 1 Yr Warranty (57++)
- 6 Cell (5.2Ah) – 1 Yr Warranty (57+)
CommunicationEthernet RJ45 Optical Drive
- DVD ROM
- DVD Recordable
- 500GB (7200rpm) HDD with Bay Adapter
- 1TB (5400rpm) HDD with Bay Adapter
- Intel 180GB SSD with Bay Adapter
- 256GB SSD with Bay Adapter
Specifications may vary
Offerings [RSB] Description [RSB] Preloaded Applications
- Amazon Kindle
- Intel® AppUp
- Intel® Education Software Suite
- Lenovo® Companion
- Lenovo® Cloud Storage
- Lenovo® Settings
- Lenovo® Solutions Center
- Lenovo® Support
- Accessories & Services
ThinkPad W540Accessories & Services
ThinkPad Noise-Cancelling Earbuds (0B47313)
The ThinkPad Noise Cancelling Earbuds eliminate 92% of ambient background noise through the use of active noise-cancelling circuitry contained in a battery operated compartment. Specifically optimized for office environments, autos, trains, and aircrafts, these ergonomically designed earbuds provide a secure fit that further isolates noise for a quality listening experience.
ThinkPad Ultra Backpack (4X40E77330)
The ThinkPad Ultra backpack and is strong inside and out with military-grade materials such as Carbon Fiber Rods and Kevlar Blend for extreme durability without the added weight. It features a built-in compartment to protect both a system and a tablet, plus added storage for whatever is needed to get through your work day. Front Panels: Kevlar blended with polyester. Side Panels: Ripstop on side resistant to tearing and ripping. Back: EVA Foam for protection and comfort. Workstation to hold pens/cards/phones and other small accessories.
Lenovo Wireless Touchpad (0A33909)
A favorite accessory for working or playing on Windows 8, the touchpad puts the World of touch at your fingertips. It mimics the touch experience with 18 Windows 8 gestures including swipe, scroll, zoom and rotate, and features traditional left/right buttons. 2.4GHz wireless technology connects with a nano USB receiver and the package includes 2 AA batteries.
Protect Your ThinkPad Laptop With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 5 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
Ultimate Data Security
- Keep Your Drive allows you to retain possession of your drive and data for maximum security and protection. (Not available in all regions.)
- Battery Life
- **Up to 6 hours with standard 6-cell removable battery
- Starting at 5.45 lbs (2.5 kg)
- Stereo with Dolby® Home Theater® v4
- Dual noise-cancelling HD microphones
- Thunderbolt, 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, VGA, RJ-45, 4-in-1 card reader, express card, smart card, headphone/mic combo