HIGH VALUE PERFORMANCE WITH AGGRESSIVE PRICING
Optimized for Windows 8, this 15.6" laptop delivers on performance and price, with 4th gen Intel® processors, robust security features, great multimedia features, and legendary ThinkPad reliability.
Improved Design Changes
The new 2013 - 2014 ThinkPads feature quality design changes that focus on real-life experiences with input from over 900 people in 9 different countries. Improvements in LCD design and smaller internal antenna result in a reduced bezel sizeactually 20% smaller than previous generationsyet our ThinkPads deliver legendary reliability and meet or exceed rigorous military-specification standards. Plus these notebooks lie flat, at a 180-degree angle, adding enhanced flexibility for use and sharing.
Security & Manageability Features
Intel® vPro, Computrace, encrypted hard disk drive, BIOS port locking, Trusted Platform Module, and more, ensure your business-critical data is secure and easily managed.
MIL-SPEC / Military-Specification Testing
Validates the ruggedness, durability, and quality of ThinkPad products by testing against eight parameters: high pressure, humidity, vibration, high temperature, temperature shock, low pressure (15,000 ft), low temperature, and dust.
Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. And now it's optimized for Windows 8 with convenient multimedia buttons, function-lock capability, and immediate access to view apps. Plus, a larger, smooth TrackPad with 5-point click integration can be configured multiple ways through Settings. Plus, the L540 also includes a numeric keypad.
Long Battery Life
Enjoy all-day computing with up to 11 hours unplugged on the standard 6-cell 56 Wh batterywhether you're working on-the-go or simply enjoying downtime, you get more than a full day on a single charge.
High Resolution Display
Enjoy visuals on a dazzling high resolution display, with HD being our standard offering. The L540 offers a 15.6-inch antiglare HD (1366 x 768) or FHD (1920 x 1080) display.
Hinge-Based Latching & Active Protection System
Thinner and stronger, new ThinkPad laptops include hinge-based latching, which features a cleaner, modern easy-open design. Tension in the hinges keeps the cover closed during unexpected drops. Plus, Active Protection System (APS), which works with traditional magnetic HDDs, detects when the system is dropped and reacts by stopping the hard drive to protect your data.
Integrated 720p HD Webcam & Dual Noise-Cancelling Microphones
Enjoy superior web conferencing on your L540, which includes a low-light sensitive 720p HD webcam with wide-angle viewing and face-tracking, dual noise-cancelling microphones with configurations for crystal-clear private and conference mode VOIP meetings, plus, convenient multimedia keys for quick and easy access to microphone, speaker, and camera controls.
Dolby® Speakers With Advanced Audio™
This suite of audio technologies enables your ThinkPad to deliver a crisp, clear surround sound experience over its built-in stereo speakers. The technology increases audio clarity for VOIP applications, maximizes volume output without distortion, and improves dialogue clarity when watching videos.
Integrated Fingerprint Reader (Optional)
Get quick, convenient access and secure login with one swipe.
Fast Data Transfer
Move data quickly between the L540 and other devices with SuperSpeed USB 3.0, which enables up to 10 times faster file transfer, allowing for lightning-fast copying of large media files, as well as seamless connections between audio- and video-related peripherals.
WWAN (3G/4G) (Optional)
Add wireless WAN connectivity and go online virtually anywhere without a WiFi connection.
Greenest ThinkPad Available
ThinkPad L Series continues the legacy of saving energy to lower power consumption costs. With numerous environmental certifications like EPEAT® Gold, ENERGY STAR, ULE Gold Sustainable Product Certification, up to 10% post-consumer content, and low halogen, the L540 is good for the planet and your bottom line.
Ensure cost-effective, worry-free enjoyment of your L540 with accidental damage protection, which keeps you covered in the event of accidental damage caused by drops or spills that occur under normal working conditions.Full-Sized, Spill-Resistant Keyboard Optimized for Windows 8Superior Web Conferencing With Integrated 720p HD Webcam & Noise-Cancelling Mic
- Tech Specs
ThinkPad L540Tech Specs
Description Thinkpad L440/L540 Laptop Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600M (Up to 2.9 GHz, 4MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ (Up to 2.2 GHz, 6MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4330M (Up to 2.8 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4300M (Up to 2.6 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200M (Up to 2.5 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i3-4100M (Up to 2.5 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i3-4000M (Up to 2.4 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Pentium 3550M (Up to 2.3 GHz, 2MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Celeron 2950M (Up to 2.0 GHz, 2MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit (downgrade)
- Windows 7 64-bit (downgrade)
- L440: 14.0" HD (1366 x 768), 14.0" HD+ (1600 x 900)
- L540: 15.6" HD (1366 x 768), 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080)
- L440: 2.26 kg (5.0 lbs)
- L540: 2.49 kg (5.5 lbs)
- L440: Integrated, NVIDIA® N14M-GE GeForce® GT 720M
- L540: Integrated
Memory2GB / 4GB / 8GB / 12GB / 16GB I/O (Input/Output) Ports
- 1 x VGA
- 1 x USB 3.0
- 3 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Express Card (Smart Card)
- 1 x Mic/headphone combo
- 1 x RJ45
- 4-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC)
Webcam720p face-tracking technology, low light sensitive Storage
- HDD: 320GB / 500GB / 1TB 5400 RPM
- HDD: 320GB / 500GB 7200 RPM
- SSD: 128GB SSD SATA3
- SSD: Intel® 180GB SSD SATA3
- SSD: 240GB FDE SSD (Qual only)
- SSD: 256GB SSD (OPAL 2.0)
- mSATA: 16GB*
Optical Drive9.5 mm MultiBurner (Rambo) AudioDolby® Advanced Audio™ KeyboardThinkPad® Precision Keyboard Battery
- 6 cell Li-ion Battery - (47 Wh)
- 6 cell Li-ion Battery - 57+ (56 Wh)
- 9 cell Li-ion Battery - 57++ (99 Wh)
- L440: 13+ hours
- L540: 12+ hours
EthernetIntel® 10/1000 Gigabyte Ethernet WiFi and Bluetooth®
- Intel® Centrino® 7260 (Wilkins Peak 2) 2 x 2 AC+ BT 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® 7260BGN (Wilkins Peak 2) 2 x 2 BGN + BT 4.0
- ThinkPad Wireless 2 x 2 BGN+BT 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced N6235 (Jackson Peak 2) 2 x 2 AGN+ BT 4.0
- Intel® 82577LM Gigabit (Hanksville) Digital Office
- Gobi 5000 – LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ 42Mbps NGFF M.2
- Ericsson HSPA+ 21Mbps (N5321)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- L440: 344 mm x 239 mm x 29 mm (13.54" x 9.40" x 1.04")
- L540 Wedge panel: 377 mm x 247 mm x 31 mm (14.84" x 9.72" x 1.22")
- L540 Silm panel: 377 mm x 247 mm x 28.8 mm (14.84" x 9.72" x 1.13")
Fingerprint ReaderYes Navigation
Specifications may vary
Offerings [RSB] Description [RSB] Preloaded Applications
- Lenovo® Companion
- Lenovo® Support
- Lenovo® Cloud Storage
- Lenovo® Settings
- Intel® AppUp
- Amazon Kindle
- Lenovo® Solutions Center
- Intel® Education Software Suite
- Accessories & Services
ThinkPad L540Accessories & Services
ThinkPad Pro Dock - 90W
The new ThinkPad Pro Dock provides a two-step security system shared across ThinkPad models for simple IT management.* Connect a security cable to the dock to prevent physical theft, easily align your ThinkPad model with the left rear corner, and then simply turn the key to lock into the docking station. In addition to a smaller footprint (10% reduction in size from previous version docking stations), you'll also benefit from enhanced connectivity with six additional USB ports (3 3.0 & 3 2.0), RJ45 port which supports enterprise management, headphone/mic combo port, DisplayPort connector, DVI-D connector, VGA monitor port, and a Kensington security lock slot. *ThinkPad Pro Dock works with the 2013 classic ThinkPad models, including L Series, W Series, X240, T440p, T540p, and T440 without NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology.
ThinkPad Noise-Cancelling Earbuds (0B47313)
The ThinkPad Noise Cancelling Earbuds eliminate 92% of ambient background noise through the use of active noise-cancelling circuitry contained in a battery operated compartment. Specifically optimized for office environments, autos, trains, and aircrafts, these ergonomically designed earbuds provide a secure fit that further isolates noise for a quality listening experience.
ThinkPad Ultra Backpack (4X40E77330)
The ThinkPad Ultra backpack and is strong inside and out with military-grade materials such as Carbon Fiber Rods and Kevlar Blend for extreme durability without the added weight. It features a built-in compartment to protect both a system and a tablet, plus added storage for whatever is needed to get through your work day. Front Panels: Kevlar blended with polyester. Side Panels: Ripstop on side resistant to tearing and ripping. Back: EVA Foam for protection and comfort. Workstation to hold pens/cards/phones and other small accessories.
Lenovo Security Cable Lock (57Y4303)
The Lenovo Security Cable Lock allows you to help reduce theft and manage physical security access wherever you need it. One piece design for easy use. Lightweight ( 130 g / 0.29 lbs ) design is ideal to carry in a carrying case for extra security when traveling.
Protect Your ThinkPad Laptop With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 5 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
Ultimate Data Security
- Keep Your Drive allows you to retain possession of your drive and data for maximum security and protection. (Not available in all regions.)
- Battery Life
- **Up to 11 hours with standard removable 6-cell 56Wh battery
- Wedge panel starts at 5.68 lbs /2.58 kg / Slim LCD panel starts at 5.54 lbs / 2.52 kg
- Stereo with Dolby® Advanced Audio™
- Dual-array with VOIP enhancement
- 1 USB 3.0 powered, 3 USB 2.0, VGA, mini DisplayPort, RJ45, 4-in-1 card reader, audio/headphone combo jack, ExpressCard and/or SmartCard slots