Oracle Database 12c introduces a new multitenant architecture that makes it easy to deploy and manage database clouds. Innovations such as Oracle Multitenant, for consolidating multiple databases quickly, and Automatic Data Optimization with Heat Map, for compressing and tiering data at a higher density, maximize resource efficiency and flexibility. These unique advancements, combined with major enhancements in availability, security, and big data support, make Oracle Database 12c an ideal platform for cloud deployments.
Oracle VM application-driven server virtualization is designed to provide value beyond simple consolidation. Oracle VM’s highly scalable architecture is designed for enterprise applications with support for both Oracle and non-Oracle workloads. With unique, built-in capabilities such as pre-installed, pre-tested Oracle VM Templates, the entire Oracle application stack, including Oracle Database, can be deployed in minutes rather than days or weeks. A tightly integrated architecture between Oracle VM and Oracle Enterprise Manager delivers a centralized point of control to simplify full lifecycle management and cloud infrastructure orchestration.
The highly scalable architecture is designed for:
- Rapid application deployment using pre-built Oracle VM Templates
- Fully integrated lifecycle management from disk to applications to cloud, using Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Fully certified support for all Oracle applications
- Zero licensing cost, affordable enterprise quality support
- Oracle VM software is available for free download.
Support for Oracle VM can be purchased from Oracle.
Oracle Linux is an open source operating system available under the GNU General Public License (GPL). Bringing the latest Linux innovations to market, it delivers extreme performance, advanced scalability, and reliability for enterprise applications and systems — along with low-cost worldwide support. Optimized for enterprise workloads, Oracle Linux is the only operating system to offer zero-downtime updates. Key benefits of Oracle Linux include:
- Excellent performance for your enterprise and cloud environment
Support for large and small systems
- End-to-end data integrity with T10-PI
- Better security and improved application uptime than other Linux distributions with zero-downtime updates to the Linux kernel
- No licensing costs, including patches and updates
- Flexible support subscriptions that don’t require purchasing support for every system in your enterprise, only for the ones you need support for
- Linux management and high-availability tools for Oracle Linux included at no additional charge
- Oracle Linux is available for free download.
Oracle offers 24x7, global support for Oracle Linux through a paid subscription.
Lenovo had standing relationships with Oracle, but now the System x and ThinkServer suite of solutions can join forces with Oracle en route to market initiatives. Lenovo’s servers are listed on the Oracle Hardware Certification Lists (HCL) as certified on Oracle Linux with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel and Oracle VM, and on the Oracle Validated Configurations list, ensuring that the customer experience between Lenovo’s hardware and Oracle Linux/Oracle VM is enterprise-ready. This is an ongoing process, and servers will continue to be added and qualified. As part of this commitment, Lenovo and Oracle are formally announcing support for solutions featuring a joint infrastructure stack. Lenovo will take on the customer support charter for the hardware, and Oracle will support the software elements.
This commitment to service
extends from Lenovo's ThinkServer portfolio into the System x server line. With this relationship in place, Lenovo and Oracle look forward to a fruitful partnership that is customer-focused and wholly intended on providing the best end user experience.