Optimized for Windows 8, with new ThinkPad TrackPad which has 5-point click integration, OneLink technology for expanding ports and power, RapidCharge battery, impressive performance features like 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors and powerful graphics options.
14" SMALL BUSINESS ULTRABOOK™
Stylish, Svelte Design. Premium Features
The S440 shell combines aluminum and magnesium alloy for both durability and lightness. A single unified hinge adds strength, while also enabling 180-degree opening so the Ultrabook lies flat or rests at any angle. Unique attention to detail like indented sides for carrying add convenience and style. Black ports and a sandblast finish top off the design embellishments on the S440, which is available in both Silver and Gunmetal.
New Lenovo OneLink Technology
Get more from your power cable! OneLink technology is a unique interface that simplifies connectivity through a single cable to the ThinkPad OneLink Dock, which provides dedicated video, USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio—all while charging your notebook.
Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. And now it's optimized for Windows 8 with convenient multimedia buttons, LED status indicators, function-lock capability, and immediate access to apps. Plus, a larger, smooth TrackPad with 5-point click integration can be configured multiple ways through Settings.
Long Battery Life
Stay unplugged all day—**up to 9 hours—but when you do need to boost your battery, breakthrough Lenovo RapidCharge technology charges up to 80% in just 45 minutes. The battery is removable and can be replaced.
Superior Web Conferencing
A low-light sensitive 720p HD webcam with wide-angle viewing and face-tracking, along with dual noise cancelling microphones deliver crystal-clear private and conference mode VOIP meetings. Plus, convenient multimedia keys provide quick and easy access to microphone, speaker, and camera controls.
Dolby® Home Theater®
This suite of audio technologies enables your ThinkPad S440 to deliver a crisp, clear surround sound experience over its built-in stereo speakers. The technology increases audio clarity for VOIP applications, maximizes volume output without distortion, and improves dialogue clarity when watching videos.Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8Voice-Over IP (VOIP)-Optimized
ThinkPad S440Tech Specs
ThinkPad S440 Laptop
Description ThinkPad S440 Laptop Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-4500U
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200U
- Intel® Core™ i3-4010U
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
MemoryUp to 8GB, DDR3L (1 DIMM Slot) Display
- 14.0" HD Antiglare Display (1366 x 768) (200 NITS)Optional
- 14.0 HD+ Antiglare Display (1600 x 900) (250 NITS)
Dimensions333 mm x 225 mm x 20.5 mm / 22.5 mm with Touch (13.11" x 8.85" x 0.80" / 0.88" with Touch) Weight1.78 kg (3.92 lbs) / 1.92 kg (4.23 lbs) with Touch Video Graphics
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8670M Graphics 2GB
- Up to 500GB HDD
- Optional HDD Performance booster 16GB mSATA
- Up to 256GB SSD
Battery /Battery Life Battery life is based on the MobileMark®2007 methodology and is an estimated maximum. Actual battery life may vary based on many factors, including screen brightness, active applications, features,**6 hours Webcam720p low light sensitive HD Audio
- Dolby® Advanced Audio with Stereo speakers
- Built-in dual array microphone (combo jack)
I/O (Input/Output) Ports
- (1) RJ45
- (1) HDMI
- (1) 3.5mm Combo Jack Headphone / MIC
- (2) USB 3.0 with (1) always on USB
- (1) 4-in-1 SD Card Reade
- Lenovo® OneLink Technology
- 6 row Backlit keyboard
- Spill resistant
- Dymanic Windows® 8 function keys (F9-F12)
FingerPrint ReaderYes Navigation5-button ClickPad with glass surface Bluetooth ®Yes EthernetGigabit Ethernet
Specifications may vary
Offerings [RSB] Description [RSB] Supported LSC
- Lenovo® Solution Centre provides a quick and simple dashboard to view total system health and access to frequently used system management tools for:
- Hardware Diagnostic
- Device Manager
- Backup and Restore
- Antivirus and Firewall Settings
- System and Software Updates
- Internet Connections
- Service and Support
- Microsoft® Office
- Norton Antivirus
- Lenovo® Cloud Storage (Non-PRC)
Accessories & Services
ThinkPad S440Accessories & Services
ThinkPad In-Ear Headphones (57Y4488)
Offering exceptional audio performance and comfort, the ThinkPad in-ear headset with in-line microphones lets you switch seamlessly between music and calls. The noise isolating design with integrated microphone includes small, medium, and large silicone sleeves, as well as a flexible 3.5mm Y cable that allows you to easily connect your headset to your PC.
Lenovo Security Cable Lock (57Y4303)
The Lenovo Security Cable Lock allows you to help reduce theft and manage physical security access wherever you need it. One piece design for easy use. Lightweight ( 130 g / 0.29 lbs ) design is ideal to carry in a carrying case for extra security when traveling.
ThinkPad Active Backpack Medium (4X40E77337)
Protect Your ThinkPad Laptop With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 5 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
Ultimate Data Security
- Keep Your Drive allows you to retain possession of your drive and data for maximum security and protection. (Not available in all regions.)