Stylish, durable and comfortable to carry and use, the ThinkPad S540 reinvents the Ultrabook™ for professionals, whether at work or at home. 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors, Full HD visuals, Dolby® Home Theater® audio and long battery life, give you the optimum combination of business laptop performance and entertainment pleasure.
15.6" BUSINESS & HOME ULTRABOOK™
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
4th generation Intel® Core™ processors deliver the performance to increase productivity for your business. Devices turn on in an instant and are always up-to-date. You can multitask quickly and move effortlessly between applications, collaborate wirelessly in a high quality videoconference--all with the convenience of longer battery life. Plus, you can guard against identity theft and ensure safe access to your network with built-in security features. In fact, the only thing more amazing than an Intel Core processor-based PC is what your users will do with it.
Optional AMD Radeon™ HD Graphics
Configure your S540 Ultrabook with AMD Radeon 8670M 2GB HD graphics and get the best from the graphics accelerated features of Windows 8, plus all your latest professional applications and games.
Stylish and Practical Design
Available in silver or gunmetal black, the S540 combines aluminum and magnesium alloy for durability and lightness, while a single unified hinge adds strength, enabling up to 180-degree opening. Indented sides also make carrying the S540 around the office or home comfortable and easy.
Full HD or HD Displays
Full HD (1920 x 1080 resolution) or HD (1366 x 768 resolution) LCD displays with high brightness and vivid colours deliver beautiful and clear visuals whether you are working or playing.
Award-Winning Backlit Keyboard Enhanced for Windows 8
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. Backlit for convenience, it's optimized for Windows 8 with multimedia buttons, LED status indicators, function-lock capability, while the smooth TrackPad with 5-point click integration can be configured for motions and swipes to suit you.
Lenovo OneLink Technology
Get more from your power cable! OneLink technology is a unique interface that simplifies connectivity through a single cable to the ThinkPad OneLink Dock (sold separately), which provides dedicated video, USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio—all while charging your notebook.
Long Battery Life
Stay unplugged all day—**up to 9 hours—but when you do need to boost your battery, breakthrough Lenovo RapidCharge technology charges up to 80% in just 45 minutes. The battery is removable and can be replaced.
Superior Web Conferencing
A low-light sensitive 720p HD webcam with wide-angle viewing and face-tracking, and dual noise cancelling microphones deliver crystal-clear private and conference mode VOIP meetings. Plus, convenient multimedia keys provide quick and easy access to microphone, speaker, and camera controls.
Dolby® Home Theater® v4
This suite of audio technologies enables your ThinkPad S540 to deliver a crisp, clear surround sound experience over its built-in stereo speakers. The technology increases audio clarity for VOIP applications, maximizes volume output without distortion, and improves dialogue clarity when watching videos.Award-Winning Backlit Keyboard Enhanced for Windows 8Superior Web Conferencing
ThinkPad S540Tech Specs
Lenovo Thinkpad S5-S540 Ultrabook™ specs
Description Thinkpad S5-S540 Ultrabook™ Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor
- Intel® Core™ i3-4010U Processor
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8
- Ubuntu Linux (PRC only)
- 15.6" HD Anti-glare Display (1366 x 768) (200 NITS)
- 15.6" FHD Anti-glare Display (1920 x 1080) (300 NITS)
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8670M Graphics 2GB
Webcam720p low light sensitive HD MemoryUp to 16GB, DDR3L (2 DIMM Slot) Battery / Battery Life**Up to 9 hours Dimensions (W x D x H)379 mm x 253 mm x 20.7 mm / 22.7 mm with Touch (14.92" x 9.96" x 0.81" / 0.89" with Touch) Weight2.11 kg (4.65 lbs) / 2.36 kg (5.20 lbs) with Touch Keyboard6-row Backlit keyboard with numeric keypad Spill-resistant dymanic Windows® 8 function keys (F9–F12) Audio
- Dolby® Advanced Audio with Stereo speakers
- Built-in dual array microphone (combo jack)
Fingerprint ReaderYes EthernetEthernet Bluetooth®Yes Navigation5-button ClickPad with glass surface I/O (Input/Output) Ports
- (1) RJ45
- (1) HDMI
- (1) 3.5mm Combo Jack Headphone / MIC
- (2) USB 3.0 with (1) always on USB
- (1) 4-in-1 SD Card Reader
- (1) Lenovo® OneLink Technology
- HDD-Up to 1TB
- SSD-Up to 256GB
WWANWWAN available on selected model
Specifications may vary
Offerings [RSB] Description [RSB] PRELOADED APPLICATIONS
- Microsoft® Office
- Norton Antivirus
- Lenovo® Cloud Storage (Non-PRC)
- Hardware Diagnostic
- Device Manager
- Backup and Restore
- Antivirus and Firewall Settings
- System and Software Updates
- Internet Connections
- Service and Support
Accessories & Services
ThinkPad S540Accessories & Services
ThinkPad In-Ear Headphones (57Y4488)
Offering exceptional audio performance and comfort, the ThinkPad in-ear headset with in-line microphones lets you switch seamlessly between music and calls. The noise isolating design with integrated microphone includes small, medium, and large silicone sleeves, as well as a flexible 3.5mm Y cable that allows you to easily connect your headset to your PC.
Lenovo Security Cable Lock (57Y4303)
The Lenovo Security Cable Lock allows you to help reduce theft and manage physical security access wherever you need it. One piece design for easy use. Lightweight ( 130 g / 0.29 lbs ) design is ideal to carry in a carrying case for extra security when traveling.
ThinkPad Active Backpack Medium (4X40E77337)
Protect Your ThinkPad Laptop With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 5 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
Ultimate Data Security
- Keep Your Drive allows you to retain possession of your drive and data for maximum security and protection. (Not available in all regions.)