The 12.5" ThinkPad X240 Ultrabook™ is thin, light, built to last, and ready for business. Power Bridge technology lets you go ten or more hours without plugging in, vPro gives you the ultimate in manageability, and plenty of other features let you take your business on the road.
Ultrathin and Ultralight
The ThinkPad X240 is the thinnest and lightest ThinkPad laptop we offer. Weighing in at less than 1.36 kg and measuring 20.3mm at its thickest point, the X240 is ultraportable — without sacrificing anything in terms of ports, connectivity, or durability.
Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. And now it's optimized for Windows 8 with convenient multimedia buttons, LED status indicators, Function-lock capability, and immediate access to view apps. Plus, a larger, smooth TrackPad with 5-point click integration — indicated by subtle bumps and stripes — can be configured multiple ways through Settings. Optional backlight makes working in dark environments effortless.
4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
4th generation Intel® Core™ processors deliver the performance to increase productivity for your business. Devices turn on in an instant and are always up-to-date. You can multitask quickly and move effortlessly between applications, collaborate wirelessly in a high quality videoconference — all with the convenience of longer battery life. Plus, you can guard against identity theft and ensure safe access to your network with built-in security features. In fact, the only thing more amazing than an Intel Core processor-based PC is what your users will do with it.
Intel® vPro Technology
Makes enterprise-level manageability even more convenient and cost-saving. Manage, protect, repair, or locate your deployed laptops from anywhere in the world.
HD/FHD Display With IPS Technology
In-Plane Switching (IPS) LCD displays with high brightness. IPS technology allows for vivid colors and nearly 180-degree viewing angles.
Power Bridge Technology
Combining an internal battery with an external hot-swappable battery, Power Bridge provides flexibility and maximum battery life. Swap batteries without powering down your laptop, using an extra travel battery to increase your time between charges to 10 hours or more.
Ultradurable Construction & MIL-SPEC Tested
Innovative roll-cage technology adds extra strength and rigidity to the notebook shell and top cover (carbon fiber top with magnesium bottom for maximum strength without adding weight). Military-specification testing validates the ruggedness, durability, and quality of ThinkPad products by testing against eight parameters: high pressure, humidity, vibration, high temperature, temperature shock, low pressure (15,000 ft), low temperature, and dust.
Near Field Communication (NFC) provides an easy, secure way to share data, link devices, pair with networks, and other tasks by lightly tapping two devices together.
Many customers still require a VGA port for projector connections in conference rooms, and native VGA means no dongles for them to buy/lose/replace.
Capacitive Touch Panel
A capacitive touch panel allows for impeccable response time to 10-finger touch. Actions trigger immediately, and the cursors follow your fingers around the screen without any perceptible lag or delays.
Fast Data Transfer
Move data between the X240 and other devices quickly with USB 3.0 — it's up to 10 times faster than previous USB technologies and backward-compatible with USB 2.0.Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8HD/FHD Display With IPS Technology
- Tech Specs
ThinkPad X240Tech Specs
Description ThinkPad X240 Ultrabook™ Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600U (Up to 3.00 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4300U (Up to 3.00 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200U (Up to 2.60 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i3-4010U (Up to 1.70 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Single Language
- Windows 8 中文版 (China Only)
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional
- 12.5" HD (1366 x 768)
- 12.5" HD IPS (1366 x 768)
- 12.5" HD IPS Touch (1366 x 768)
- 12.5" FHD IPS (1920 x 1080)
- 12.5" FHD IPS Touch (1920 x 1080)
GraphicsIntel® HD4400 Graphics WebcamFace-tracking technology, low light sensitive MemoryUp to 8GB DIMM Battery
- 3-Cell Internal (23.5 Wh)
- 3-Cell External (23.5 Wh)
- 6-Cell External Cylindrical (48 Wh)
- 6-Cell External Cylindrical (72 Wh)
Dimensions (W x D x H)305.5 mm x 208.12 mm x 20.3 mm (12.02" x 8.19" x 0.79") Weight<1.36 kg (<3 lbs) Battery LifeUp to 17.4 hours Wireless WWAN
- Sierra Wireless 7355 – Gobi 5000
- Ericsson HSPA+ (N5321)
KeyboardThinkPad® Precision Backlit Keyboard I/O (Input / Output) Ports
- Mini DisplayPort with audio
- 3.5 mm Combo Jack Headphone / MIC
- 2x USB 3.0, USB 2.0 (Always-on USB 2.0)
- 4-in-1 SD card reader (SD / SDHC / SDXC / MMC slot)
- Express card 34 mm
- Smart card reader
- HDD: 320GB (7200 rpm) OPAL
- HDD: 320GB (7200 rpm)
- HDD: 500GB / 1TB (5400 rpm)
- HDD: 500GB (7200 rpm)
- SSD: 128GB / 512GB SSD SATA3
- SSD: Intel® 180GB SSD SATA3
- SSD: 256GB SSD eDrive (OPAL 2.0)
- mSATA: 16GB
WIMAX / WIFI
- Intel® Centrino® 7260
- (Wilkins Peak 2 AC) 2 x 2 AC + BT 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® 7260
- (Wilkins Peak 2) 2 x 2 AGN + BT 4.0
- ThinkPad Wireless 2 x 2 BGN + BT 4.0
- Intel® 82577LM Gigabit (Hanksville)
- Digital Office
Bluetooth®Optional Optical DriveN/A Fingerprint ReaderOptional NavigationTrackPoint® with trackpad
Specifications may vary
Offerings [RSB] Description [RSB] Preloaded Applications
- Lenovo® Companion
- Lenovo® Support
- Lenovo® Cloud Storage
- Lenovo® Settings
- Intel® AppUp
- Amazon Kindle
- Lenovo® Solutions Center
- Accessories & Services
ThinkPad X240Accessories & Services
Lenovo Slim USB Portable DVD Burner (0A33988)
Slimmer, lighter, and more portable than ever! The Lenovo Slim USB Portable DVD Burner is an external DVD/CD recordable drive powered by one or two available USB 2.0 ports, with one USB Y cable, depending on configuration.
Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock / Port Replicator (0A33970)
Enables a clutter-free desktop with cable management for multiple monitors, LAN, and up to five USB devices.
Lenovo Laser Wireless Mouse (0A36188)
The portable, ambidextrous Lenovo Wireless Laser Mouse is perfect for anyone looking for a compact mouse to use every day and while on-the-go. Scroll through documents, spreadsheets, and more with increased accuracy and control – plus, an advanced power management system, a high-efficiency laser sensor, and an off switch help to maximize your battery life.
Lenovo Security Cable Lock (57Y4303)
The Lenovo Security Cable Lock allows you to help reduce theft and manage physical security access wherever you need it. One piece design for easy use. Lightweight ( 130 g / 0.29 lbs ) design is ideal to carry in a carrying case for extra security when traveling.
Protect Your ThinkPad Laptop With Lenovo Services
Why Lenovo Services?
- Comprehensive portfolio of award-winning services to support your PC throughout its lifecycle.
- Services performed by Lenovo-certified technicians using Lenovo-qualified parts. No one knows our machines like we do!
- Global delivery network and infrastructure delivering expertise where you need it most.
24/7 Access to Advanced Technicians
- Priority Technical Support makes your priority, our priority. 24x7 priority call routing to Lenovo’s advanced-level technicians, electronic incident tracking, and escalation management.
On-Site Convenience and Extended Protection
- Extended Warranties (up to 5 years) offer fixed term, fixed cost protection to help you accurately budget for PC expenses.
- Warranty Upgrades/On-Site Service can maximize uptime and productivity with convenient, fast repair service at your place of business.
Drops or Spills? No Problem With Accidental Damage Protection
- Accidents happen, but it’s still possible to protect yourself from expensive, unexpected repairs. Lenovo provides coverage for damage incurred outside of warrantee under normal operating conditions, such as minor spills, drops, electrical surges, or damage to the integrated display.
Ultimate Data Security
- Keep Your Drive allows you to retain possession of your drive and data for maximum security and protection. (Not available in all regions.)
- Battery Life
- **Up to 6 hours with standard 3-cell battery
- Starting at 1.36 kg (2.84 lbs)
- Stereo with Dolby® Home Theater®
- 2 USB 3.0, miniDisplayPort w/ audio, SD card reader, VGA, Ethernet